It is pretty evident that the increase in cyber threats and online frauds is proportional to the increase in the dependence of everyone on internet. It is impossible to imagine working without internet today.
With this increasing dependence on internet, a netizen or a professional user of internet must ensure the safety of his digital devices and important data. To ensure this safety, McAfee antivirus software is the one highly sought after. With a plethora of features it provides, this software has managed to prove its mettle worldwide. Whatever be your device, you can secure it through McAfee security software.
The antivirus software by McAfee comes in both trial version and paid version. It is up to the user which version he chooses for his system. The McAfee trial period is generally 30 days for the unpaid version. If you want to buy the paid version of it, you need to visit www.mcafee.com/activate. The paid version comes with a subscription period of a year or two beyond which you need to renew the subscription to continue its use.
A few things that you need to take note of while installing McAfee security on your device are:
- The first and foremost requirement is the availability of sufficient storage space in the device you want to install McAfee on.
- Secondly, you need to check whether the already installed applications or operating systems on your device are updated or not. If they aren’t, do update them first.
- Remove any previously installed version of McAfee whenever you install a new version of McAfee. This will prevent the possibility of a conflict that may arise.
- Before you proceed for the installation of this software, verify whether your system is compatible with the system requirements.
A Step-by-step guide to install McAfee Antivirus software
Given below are a series of steps you can follow to install McAfee Antivirus software on your device.
- Open a web browser of your choice and visit mcafee.com/activate.
- Download the product on your system.
- Go to the “Download” folder of your system.
- Once you reach the “Download” folder, find ‘McAfee Antivirus’ file to get access to the software.
- An option to ‘run’ or ‘setup’ will show up on the screen depending on what browser you have used.
- Once you click it, the installation process starts.
- After the initiation of installation, you will be prompted to type in McAfee Activate 25 digit key.
Tip: With paid versions, you can get such product key with product package in the offline version or on the email address in the online version. There is no need to type in any product key for McAfee free trial
- Click on ‘Next’ button and follow the instructions showing up on the screen. Your installation is complete.
Steps to download Pre-Install tool
Using ‘Preinstall Tools’: In case of any installation error, ‘Pre Install Tools’ comes in handy. There is a series of steps one needs to follow to download Pre-Install tool using the link www.mcafee.com/activate.
- Open a web browser. Download the ‘Pre Install tool’ from .mcafee.com/activate.
- Remove the pre-existing antivirus systems if you want to avoid conflicts.
- Locate the downloaded file after ‘Pre Install tool’ download is complete.
- Click on the file by the name ‘Pre-Install_Tool.exe’. Follow the instructions on the screen.
- If any warning message appears, review the message and select OK to confirm the changes. Click on the OK button and select ‘Close’ in the end. Reboot your device after this.
- Attempt to install McAfee security software again.